Thursday, October 11, 2012

Practicing Our Scary For Halloween

It's time. October we need to get our scary on. Every day the conversations with the girls swirl around the ususals: monstres, sorcières, squelettes, araignées, citrouilles ... (monster, witches, skeletons, spiders, pumpkins...) and all the books borrowed from the library have these characters, and the only game they want to play is "Mommy's the Monster, RUN!"

It's exhausting. But I got with it, because they sleep better these days after so much chasing and getting eating by me.

As you all may know, Eden's a pro potty pooper, but sometimes she takes FOREVER to get the job done as she patiently waits for the rest of her crap to decent, all this time I'm obligated to sit on a stool and talk or read books to her. (If I don't, it's screaming and panic and near accidents on the floor. She doesn't like solitary pooping. Sigh)

So this last time, an especially long one, we had some fun practicing our scary monster faces.

Enjoy the photo-log:
Or not... you might not enjoy it, but we got a kick out of it :)
 There was a lot of laughter
Eden thinks her mom is crazy now 
 Nothing is funnier than a baby making a scary face!
She's got the perfect cheeks for this... 
 She's really improving her technique
"Here Teya, take this camera, let a pro show you how it's done...." 
This is a ghouls face...
 How 'bout this....
... the Asian monster... 
 ... smooooosh....
 ....now I'm in the groove...
...how about this action?... 
 ... getting intense! Super creepy!
 K,ouch, now my face hurts, lips are a little swollen...
Eden's taking the pointers well, she's trying that last creepy one out... 
Now to attack my prey... 
 I'm going in for the kill...
 ...I'd be screaming for my life... Eden WAS...
 Checking in the mirror to make sure it's sufficiently terrifying
 Yep. More gross than terrifying, but monsters are gross too. 
 I think I'm done. My face needs to recover. 
 Giving it a try, put more gusto into it babe

Teya has the right idea. NICE my minion, my protege :)


HAPPY HALLOWEEN. No need for costumes this year I'd say.



1 comment:

Kara Anderson said...

Jack sat down with me to view your post. He instantly started laughing when he saw Eden's scary faces and then we got to you... and it went quiet. Jack was very still, very serious and I suspect, very scared.

I always knew you made awesome scary faces. The gnashing skelington teeth are a classic. I've always loved that one. Eden has awesome scary face cheeks. She can barely get her whole hand around those big babies!

Nice teeth. They are so straight and pretty!