Sunday, September 30, 2012

It's Been a Long Time Comin...

Hiatus over. I'm back to keeping this personal family journal up to date for the sake of preserving memories and the Catudal history. I won't even try to play catch up from the year I took off. For now I'll pick up with the here and now, and as time goes by I'll sneak in a few of my favorite photo sequences and stories that never made it up here from the year of silence.

The Oregon Chapters Begin:

Let's start with Eden Rose. At 21 months, she's been talking up a storm these days. She made her first grammatically correct complete sentence last week: Il fait froid dehors. It's cold outside (directly translated: It makes cold outdoors.) and has several almost complete sentences she frequently uses like: beaucoup guy dans l'eau! Lots of spiders in the water! ("guy" is her nickname for spiders, her favorite creature, sorry Jessie!!)  Plus bon-bon magazin? to say More candy at the store? and then there's always her usual conversation when eating breakfast at the table as she looks at our picture board with all the extended families faces, "Ou est Nanny? (or Gaya, or La-La, or any other loved ones name) Nanny bye-bye vrooom!" to say Where is Nanny? Nanny went bye-bye in the car. (this one makes me kind of sad... )

She plays imaginary, understands the numbers un, deux, trois, a few of her colors, and still thinks Teya is the funniest person in the world. 

I obviously can't get enough of her face. 

 sourire avec tes dents! Smile with your teeth!



 I miraculously got two french braids in her hair today... si mignonne


 She was quite the cooperate model today, rare... i wasn't posing her either. 








5 comments:

susan catudal said...

So glad that the Blog is up and running again!!!

Kara Anderson said...

Best thing to wake up to! I new blog post! I can't wait to see another and another! I want to hear Eden talk in her cute little french words. I miss her face so much! (and yours too). Way to go on the french braids! I bet you feel like you deserve a gold medal for something so difficult.

Lynnette said...

French sentences, French braids, did you make French toast for breakfast? These pictures are killing me... she is such a dolly! Every expression shows her funny little personality and makes me happy/sad all at once. Miss you guys, so keep up the blogging!!

Vanessa Stratton said...

Wow! I think Eden looks EXACTLY like you when you were a tyke in these photos! Crazy cute! I love thefrench braids and the lighting makes her hair look almost auburny/orange. I thought you dyed it at first! So happy the blog is back up!

PAUL + ALICIA+CAPRI said...

Hooray for you blogging! I love her! she is so big!! Cant believe she is talking so much! Miss you guys!