Monday, July 4, 2011

Teya's Quote of the Day

TQD#1
I took this picture so Teya could see what her hair style looks like, the following conversation went a little something like this:
 Me: You look so pretty! Such a little woman!
Teya: When I grow up are the boys gonna wanna marry me?
Me: I bet they will, but you have to be careful and choose only the best one! You should marry nicest, smartest, most handsome boy.
Teya: Only one?But I want two!
Me: You can't have two husbands, that's silly.
Teya: No it's not, I'll just get a humongous bed.


TQD#2
I used to be in the bad habit of using a Germanic cuss word (sorry Mom) whenever something would drop, spill, break.... you get the idea. It starts with "Sch" and rhymes with "eisse." I quit the habit when Teya was about 2 years old so she wouldn't take to repeating it. Pat myself on the back, pat pat pat.... until about a week ago Teya's super memory kicked in and she starts using a new word whenever SHE spills something, which is frequently.
She spills her milk and in a hushed frustrated tone I hear "say-sha..."
Then next day she spills her granola, again "say-sha!"

I'm not going to correct her mispronunciation on this one. Best to leave it be.

2 comments:

susan catudal said...

That is priceless!!That girl knows what she wants!!!!
LOVE her hair!!I wish mine fell so nicely into a style!!
We are going to have so much fun!!Phil can teach Teya some French Canadian cusswords!!
sacre bleu! tabernac!

Tanya said...

that is an awesome quote, I love that! Kevin says he is not getting married because he would have to kiss a girl and that is gross, lol...adam on the other hand said he already wants to kiss girls so he will get married next week, LOL...I love kid banter