Saturday, July 9, 2011

I Give You: Kincaid Park

Steph and I have found the sweet spot. The pass the day enjoyably, easily, and freely sweet spot. Ten minutes from our house, on the very end of the peninsula is a large forest park area called Kincaid, and right in the middle is this fresh spring water lake... well it's right on the boarder of being a small lake/big pond. It has Lilly pads, but it also houses massive fish, so I cant decide. 

The point is, we take the girls here several times a week, and each time a few good hours pass before we even realize it! What happens at Kincaid park? Well, allow me to enlighten you with a plethora of pictures:
 Steph plays the "Big Mamma from Costa Rica game" with Eden, it's the same thing said Big Mamma used to do with Harper when they lived there :)

 Eden continues to look ravishing in her real Minnetonka moccasins... something to the left has captured their attention...

 Harper befriends old men and their dogs

 Teya befriends everyone and their dogs. Literally everyone.

 Teya is off to see the Cool Kids on the Dock ;)

 She prefers hanging out with these guys because, ya know, she's just one of them... in her own mind anyway

 I went over there for a while to observe the situation, and they all really liked Teya. They included her in their conversations and let her hold the poles. 

 Consoling her buddy, "You'll get that fish soon..."

 We wade in the water. 

 This genuine Alaskan mountain man emerges from the woods holding a small log high in the air like a baton, all the while his dog is frantically barking. This goes on for ten minutes because the old man walks so slow. They reach the waters edge and finally the small log is tossed into the lake so the dog can not die from anticipation and go fetch! 

 They only hang around for ten minutes before slowly, but surely, disappearing back into the woods. Steph and I have witnessed this routine on four separate occasions. All we know is we like him. Now, when from afar off a familiar excitedly yapping dog can be heard, WE start to get excited too! 

 I play with chubby Corgis.

 HarpFace stomps around

 Eden Schmeden sleeps

 Alaskans come in bikinis and trunks to tan. Nope, I did not photo shop this picture... that's just what happens to skin after a long dark arctic winter. Light is actually reflecting off his chest... maybe he's  a Twilight vampire?

 Hard core

 Teya makes new friends


 Teeny tiny baby toes test out the frigid water

 Eden's little pucker face for the win!


4 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness, those baby feet kill me! They're so adorable! Great place! It looks like the perfect hang-out for Moms and their kids and families. In the words of Liz Lemon on 30 Rock, "I want to go to there."

Kara Anderson said...

I love all the pictures! Especially Teya's befriending escapades. It's just too funny! Alaska WOULD have vampires. I'd be careful if I were you...

susan catudal said...

Amazing photos!!!What a wonderful opportunity for you all to experience life in a place few people have been to! Love the vampire reference-and in fact,wasnt that town,Forks or something,set in Alaska in the books??Hmmm.Carry garlic with you at all times. Or a wooded stake!

Kate said...

I am sure that I will be in Anch soon, I just hope you are still there so i can see you. I also am that fluorescent gal who needs to be in the sun more and more.